Ingredients & Quantity (serves 4)
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Water – ½ cup
- Put four in a bowl with 1/4th water.
- Blend the two together until it holds.
- Beat and knead until it forms a compact ball.
- Knead dough until it is elastic and smooth.
- Set aside for 20 minutes.
- Knead and divide the dough into 5 to 6 parts.
- Roll each ball into a tortilla-like at, about 1/8″ thick.
- Heat an ungreased skillet (pan).
- Put phulka on the skillet (pan), and let it cook for about one minute. The top should start to look dry, and small bubbles should just start to form.
- Turn and cook the other side for a minute until small bubbles form.
- Turn again and cook the first side, pressed lightly with a towel. Allow it to puff.
- Serve warm