Ingredients & Quantity
- Urad dal – ½ cp
- Moong dal – ½ cup
- Yogurt – 1 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Chili powder – to taste
- Chat masala – to taste
- Coriander leaves – a few
- Spice to taste (cumin and paprika)
- Oil for frying
- Milk – ¼ cup
- Clean dal, wash and soak in water for 4 hours.
- Blend in blender at medium speed using the minimum amount of water required to keep paste moving freely and add salt.
- Start heating oil.
- Drop spoonful of batter in the hot oil using a large tablespoon. Fry until golden brown.
- Drop in water. Let it soak till ready to serve.
- Beat yogurt with milk. Add spice according to taste. Squeeze out water from the vada and add yogurt.
- Garnish with coriander leaves, chat masala and chili powder. Tamarind sauce, green chili sauce (optional)