Aloo Paratha is a hugely popular breakfast dish throughout central, western, and northern India. This mouthwatering dish originated from the Indian subcontinent. The main ingredients to make Aloo Paratha are Potato, Atta flour, Maida flour, Butter, and Ghee. Aloo Paratha best goes with curd or raitha but also goes very well with fried egg, omelette, Kheema, daal, as part of a breakfast meal.
Ingredients & Quantity
- Whole wheat four – 1 cup
- Cooked Potatoes- 3
- Salt – to taste
- Make chapati dough. Divide into 5 parts and make balls.
- Mash the cooked Potatoes, add salt and mix well. Divide into 5 parts and make balls.
- Flatten chapati dough balls, add potato mash and fold.
- Roll and flatten again.
- Heat the paratha on a griddle like you would a chappati, but spread some ghee over the top side. Turn and spread ghee on the other side.
- Fry until the bottom is crisp and golden, then turn and fry the remaining side.
- Repeat with all five.
- Serve hot and crispy.