Carrot Halwa (Gajar ka halwa) is delicious and can be prepared at home easily. Carrots are available throughout the year and also the ingredients required to make the halwa. Preparation time can vary depending on the quantity that you are preparing.
Carrot halwa is prepared during Indian festivals like Diwali and Navaratri. In recent times it is very popular in restaurants and ice cream parlors and also served with Ice creams. Yum!
Carrots are one of the world’s healthiest vegetable. Carrots are good for your eyes and help improve the eyesight. However, Carrot halwa may not be good for people diagnosed with diabetes because of its high sugar content.
Carrot Halwa can be prepared from both halwa Carrot or the regular Carrots. Both taste delicious, and you can choose any, based on the availability.
- Carrot – 1 Kg
- Milk – 1 1/2 liter
- Ghee – 7 tbsp
- Sugar – 200 grams
- Green Cardamoms – 8 nos.
- Raisins – 50 grams
- Shredded Almonds – 50 grams
Preparation time – 1 hour 30 mins
- Peel and grate the carrots.
- Simmer the grated carrots in milk until the water evaporates.
- Heat ghee in a pan, and add the cardamom to the carrot mixture.
- Cook for 15 minutes over a gentle flame.
- Add sugar, keep stirring and continue cooking till the halwa turns into a reddish color.
- Mix Raisins and shredded Almonds to the Halwa and serve.