Chili Mushroom is an Indo-Chinese snack that can be made quickly, and it is a favorite kids recipe. This dish can be made dry or watery, and both tastes great. You can either eat it as a side dish or use as a stuffing for your rolls.
Here is the simple method I follow to prepare this mouthwatering dish.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- Chopped mushroom – 400 gm
- Chopped garlic – 1 teaspoon
- Chili powder – 1 teaspoon
- Sunflower oil – 4 tablespoon
- Onion – 1 (chopped)
- Dry Red chilies
- Curry leaves – a handful
- Salt – to taste
- In a pan, heat 1 tablespoon sunflower oil and add the chopped mushroom.
- Cook for 10 mins and then drain the excess water using a strainer. (Mushrooms contain 70% of water, and when cooked, they become fleshy, and the water gets separated.)
- In a separate pan, heat 3 tablespoons sunflower oil, add chopped garlic, onions, curry leaves, and dry red chilies and saute until onions turn translucent/ golden brown.
- Add the fleshy mushrooms, chili powder, salt and stir well.
- Cook the mushrooms till the moisture has evaporated.
- Transfer the dish to a serving bowl and serve hot.