Mango chutney is easy to make! The best time to make it is when they are in season and easily available in the market. Mango chutney can be made using both raw and ripe mangoes. Jaggery is the best alternative for Sugar because of its medicinal properties.
Mustard and Ginger are optional and can be added based on availability and your taste.
- Sugar or Jaggery – 2 cups/ 4 cubes
- Slices of 4-5 mangoes, peeled and cut in 3/4-inch pieces
- Golden raisins – 1/2 cup
- Finely chopped crystallized ginger, 1/4 cup
- Mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Red chili pepper flakes (hot) – 1/4 teaspoon
- Combine sugar and mango slices; bring to a boil, stir until the sugar gets dissolved.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 45 minutes, until it becomes tightly thickened and syrupy.
- Make sure the lid is off, stir occasionally so the ingredients blend well and don’t burn.
Once ready, pour into a clean jar and let sit at room temperature to cool.